FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
902 views 1 comments
by
Hello Ian here,

I couldn’t manage to use it for outgoing calls. Is it possible or does it need some hw modifications? Cheers!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The router does not support voice over LTE, but you can make outgoing calls with the following command:

• gsmctl -A 'ATD+<phone_number>;'

Here are some additional things to take note of:

• There will be a short delay (about 3-5 seconds) after executing the command before the router starts the call.
  • If you pick up the call, the router will not drop the call automatically. To terminate the call from the router's side, use this command:
    • gsmctl -A 'ATH 0'
  • While the router is making outgoing calls or receiving incoming calls, the service type will change from LTE to WCDMA.
  • If you originate a second call while another call is active, the first call be automatically put on hold.

Generally speaking, the router is not intended for voice/call related stuff apart from the few thing that are available in the WebUI. However, the commands themselves do exist and may be utilized in custom solutions, but it would require creating custom scripts or compiling your own FW using the SDK package.

If you need any additional info, I'd be glad to help. Meanwhile, I hope this will prove useful.

Good luck,

DM

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello All,
ATH does not work for call hangup.
You need to use AT+CHUP to hangup voice call.
Try to run AT+CVHU? and check its outpup.
0 - ATH can be used to disconnect the voice call.
1- ATH is ignored but OK response is returned.
In our few RUT955 devices,  it returns 1 so ATH does not hangup but AT+CHUP works.

Always use AT+CHUP to hangup voice calls.  Also please use gsmctl  -A before all commands on cli.

Feel free to contact for any customized solution in Teltonika device and IoT Cloud applications: (info@samptel.com)
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Ian,

Teltonika devices are not designed for making outgoing calls, hardware modifications won't change anything. You can try VoIP though. Take a look at this page.

Let me know if you have more questions