FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
344 views 3 comments
by
We've the RUT950 in our fire trucks. And when it's in the fire station the router is connected to the wifi network by station mode. When the truck's leaving the fire station the router switch to the LTE network.
After switching to LTE the WIFI network( WIFI-AP) of the router is several minutes not reachable ( publishing ). On the LANport we've almost no drop at all.

How can we prevent the long switching time of the wifi network?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

first make sure the RUT950 is running with the latest firmware version. You can download it here.

If issue still appears on latest firmware, download troubleshoot file on menu System > Administration > Troubleshoot and send it to me via PM.
I will review your current configuration and find the right tips.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Thanks for the respons.

I've send you the file.
by anonymous
Hello,
I successfully replicated your scenario using the backup file provided. The issue you described is caused by the operation of a WAN failover services. When a WiFi WAN connection is lost or restored, the router restarts the wireless service. As a result, WiFi AP clients also lose connection with the device for a moment. If a laptop is used, the connection is automatically re-established quickly after losing just a few PING packets. However, Android devices are not able to get back to the WiFi network so quickly, so you need to wait a little longer or do it manually on the smartphone.

Basically, the long switching time depends on the end device you are using and its WiFi settings, as the WiFi service reboot on the router is very fast. WiFi reboot is necessary for proper WAN failover operation.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello

Thanks for the respons. ( Sorry for the late reaction I was a couple of days away ).

Is there a way to disable the wifi restart when switching from WiFi to LTE?
Because that's the situation that we're responding on an incident.

Regards