FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
376 views 1 comments
by
Hello, I recently bought an RUTX09 to replace an asus 4g ac68u router, which also has cat6 lte modem,

I expected the performance to be the same if not better instead I have roughly half (65meg) the download speed than

the asus, could you please give me any tips on what could possibly be wrong, the signal is strong

and the bands are locked on the fastest available (same as with the asus)

Connection type

4G (LTE)

Signal strength

-51 dBm

Carrier Aggregation

Dual

Connected band

LTE BAND 3 / LTE BAND 7

RSRP

-64 dBm / -79 dBm

RSRQ

-15 dB / -10 dB

SINR

4.7 dB / 10 dB

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

As from the specification side, these two routers have the same LTE Category 6 so there shouldn't be any big difference in speeds. Can you confirm that you're not using any custom APN that could grant you better speeds from your operator?

Another thing would be trying out automatic band selection set-up and then again try setting them up manually.

And finally, make sure you're testing your speed against the same server that you tested Asus router on.

EB.
by
I would like to confirm that the speed issues were due to cell congestion, I have been checking for over a week now and the performance is actually better than the asus, so 5 stars for Teltonika