FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,097 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

RUTX12 is set in factory defaults. Is it possible to reach the router with RMS?

Or is there any other method?

Best regards Marek

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hey,

After factory reset your router will try to connect automatically to RMS every 2-5 minutes once it is in registration process(using device serial number and MAC address). Also you have to make sure device has internet connection and your RMS account has enough available credits.

If you were using static IP configuration for your WAN interface before factory reset, you will need to configure it again via WebUI before trying to connect to RMS, else Mobile WAN or Wired WAN with DHCP configuration will connect to internet automatically.
by anonymous

Hello,

I also thought that after resetting the settings, I set up the router with RMS and can change the IP address-

The problem:

1st RMS Service expires at 07/31/2020

2. Router is 1000 kilometers away

3. There are two SIM cards in the router that are valid

4.RUTX12 router (now 192.168.1.1, previously 192.168.0.1) is connected to the Fritz! Box router

(192.168.1.1) and its LAN via a WAN. I see the RUTX12 under 192.168.1.204 in the Fritz! Box,but

cannot access.

5. I still have a RUTX11 there, which has a very weak connection to the Internet via SIM card,

a connection to Fritz! Box via WWLAN and a connection to RUTX12 with WWLAN.

I see RUTX11 in the Fritz! Box and can access it at 192.168.1.200.

I see RUTX12 in RUTX11 at 192.168.1.194, RUTX12 is online, but cannot access it.

I see Fritz! Box under 192.168.1.1. There is probably an address conflict.

6. All devices connected to RUTX12 and working with DHCP have internet connection.

7. I can change the IP address of Fritz! Box to avoid an IP address conflict, but then RUTX12 in the RUTX11 is offline and the devices on the RUTX12 lose an Internet connection.

It seems that the RUTX12 only has the internet connection via Fritz! Box.

Is there any way to remotely change the IP address of RUTX12 in this configuration?

Best regards

Marek

by anonymous

If i understand correctly you have SIM card inserted in your RUTX12.

You can try to send UCI commands via SMS to your router SIM card number to change LAN IP address of the router.Ty this:

admin01 uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.0.1

admin01 uci commit network

admin01 luci-reload

admin01 - is your router administrator login password.

More about UCI commands: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage

Send those 3 SMS messages and let me know if it works.

by anonymous

Thank you very much!

Great, finally I have the RUTX12 under control.

But what I do not understand, why is that not with RMS works from the start.

Only when I changed the IP address via SMS did RMS also have a connection to the router, or vice versa.

Can the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the router be permanently changed to 192.168.0.1 in the router.

by anonymous
It seems that you could not reach RMS because your router had IP conflict and could not communicate with server at that time.

Default LAN IP address after factory reset will always be 192.168.1.1 and can't be changed.