FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
633 views 5 comments
by
how the rule needs to start if I need to wait until the mobile connection will be established? If I right think it should be as follows if (interface) up than... But how to understand or see that the interface up and connection occurs?
by
Because after mobile connection established I want to execute my own rules. But I need to know the moment when the connection establishes.
by
Or how to check the status of interface if it’s up or not?!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Typically, for router it takes around 1min to have internet access from power up. If you will be using only mobile WAN, then I could recommend playing with pings, so if pings are successful that would mean that mobile is up and running.

But if you want to "play" with interfaces, interface for mobile is wwan0. So you can try checking if interface is up or not.

To check you can try using ifconfig | grep -q wwan0

1 - down

0 - up
by
the interface for mobile is qmimux0)) and not wwan0. wwan0 becomes qmimux0 when is up
by anonymous

Connect to the RUT via SSH and use ifconfig wwan0 interface is for mobile.

Mobile UP:

Mobile down:

by
Every where its UP))). Link UP