FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
433 views 1 comments
by

I have a few older RUT950 units that have stopped connecting over 4G using an m2m SIM. They connect over 3G (WCDMA) and 3G (HSDPA+) and keep dropping out. They used to connect over 4G and although a fw update fixed a lot of the newer units, these older units fail to connect.

The RUT950 has the latest firmware: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

The bootloader is also the latest.

I have also tried forcing to 4G LTE and this prevents any time of connection.

Older RUT950 Details:

Product code: 9501010M0

Hardware revision: 0202

Model: ME909u-521

New RUT950 Details:

Product code: RUT950U02XXX

Hardware revision: 1711

Model: EC25

I have setup a brand new RUT950 to test the SIM and it worked on 4G straight away. Could this be related to the LTE module used in the older routers and the newest firmware not accounting for the difference?

I noticed on the Mobile Tab that the newer unit uses QMI as a connection type and the older unit uses NDIS.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I will need you to send me troubleshoot files from both of your routers (newer and older). You can find that file at SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT section.

You can send me those via private message.

P.S. when you will be downloading troubleshoot file from your non working device, make sure that it is experiencing the issue at that time.

Regards,
Justin
by anonymous
Hi Justin,

I logged the ticket above without creating an account and seem to lost ownership to it.

I downgraded the router to FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3 and it has seemed to resolve my issue and the units do now connect on 4G. I do think there is another issue with VLAN with the FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3 but I'm running further tests.

I will need to setup the hardware again with some spares I have as these units are in customer kit and they need to go back.

Thank you,

Vijay