FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
661 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I have had one of my RUT955 operating a remote network for a number of months. Today I couldn't connect to hardware connected to the router and normally available via port forwarding. It was available on RMS and so I connected. The port forwarding was still setup correctly. I set up remote access to the devices via ACCESS in RMS. I couldn't connect that way either. I looked at WAN settings in Overview and noted system showing WAN connection as Wired, but there's no wired WAN connected. Entered WAN settings. Mobile was still selected as a fallback. Selected Mobile as Main WAN and saved. The connection was then lost and it is no longer available on RMS and hours later remains the same. Someone at the site has confirmed it is still operational as the WiFi is present. They have rebooted the system by cycling the power, but the fault remains the same.

I have tested another RUT955 in my workshop by trying to induce the fault and make the changes over RMS. I have a different issue when testing that one. I can connect via RMS, but when Main WAN is set to a disconnected Wired connection with Mobile as fallback, all fields in Overview are blank. If I go into WAN settings, all data in there is blank too. I obviously have a Mobile connection, but nothing displays to show I do, including the IP address. If I select Mobile as Main WAN it works OK and page reloads, still with empty fields. I can return to Overview and it's still full of empty fields too.

I changed to another browser. That's the same too.

The port forwarding on that device does still work in this situation.

I rebooted the router via RMS and reconnected. Still all data fields remained empty.

I powered the router down and reconnected via RMS. The data fields still remain empty.

The following screen shots are captured via RMS on the second router.

To resolve the original RUT955 connection issue I'm having to send a customer to the site with a laptop to try and resolve the connection issue. Both routers are on 6.06.1 firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I see there is a lot of things that we need to cover it. So first regarding this part:

- I have had one of my RUT955 operating a remote network for a number of months. Today I couldn't connect to hardware connected to the router and normally available via port forwarding.

In this scenario it is best to check if:

a) Connected device is up and running;

b) You can access device locally by connecting directly to the RUT950 and trying to reach it that way;

c) Connect to the RUT950 via SSH and try pinging and telnetting to th end device IP address to see if you can reach it;

d) Double check end devices gateway, it should be routers LAN IP address.

Moving on to this:

- Entered WAN settings. Mobile was still selected as a fallback. Selected Mobile as Main WAN and saved. The connection was then lost and it is no longer available on RMS and hours later remains the same.

Managed to replicate this issue on my side, and it seems that for some reason (currently consulting with RnD) it disables mobile WAN on the device thus device becomes offline. To solve this, you need to connect to the router locally, navigate to Network -> WAN and enable mobile WAN (select as main WAN source), and it should solve the issue. Or you can restart device to default settings.

Also, I would like to say that if even you are using mobile WAN and you see that it is selected as backup WAN and main WAN is wired it should not cause any issues.

Moving further this:

- I can connect via RMS, but when Main WAN is set to a disconnected Wired connection with Mobile as fallback, all fields in Overview are blank. If I go into WAN settings, all data in there is blank too. I obviously have a Mobile connection, but nothing displays to show I do, including the IP address. If I select Mobile as Main WAN it works OK and page reloads, still with empty fields. I can return to Overview and it's still full of empty fields too.

I was unable to replicate this issue on my side. Can you PM step by step what changes you did until you encountered this issue? Also, can you PM me both troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) and a backup file (System -> Administration -> Backup) with the routers admin password, so I could test it on my side?