FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
355 views 1 comments
by
Hi, I have around 50x RUT950s connected, and linked to my RMS console

The routers are all online, and I can reach them directly and log into the admin of each one.

However, they are having problems trying to connect to the RMS console.  Most of them say "connecting"

They have the hostname set to rms.teltonika.lt and I have also tried rms.teltonika-networks.com

If I try and ping those hostnames from the RUT950s then I get no response (outbound via 4G), but I DO get a response from those hostnames if I ping them from my PC.

Any ideas why my RUT950s are only connecting to the RMS intermittently?  They can all see the internet and ping other addresses, but rms.teltonika.lt is responding only occasionally.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Do I understand you correctly that if you try to ping rms.teltonika.lt via mobile internet, the hostname is often unavailable? And if you run the ping from the PC, then always the ping succeeds?

Please generate the router troubleshoot file with which you last noticed this issue and send it to me via private message. Go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and click Download.
by
yes, I have 50+ devices and the connection to rms is very intermittent at best.

They can usually connect once or twice in a 24 hour period, but if I log into the router directly and try to ping or traceroute to the rms, we get no response.  Other web addresses are fine though.

I will send you screenshots via a PM