FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
7,532 views 8 comments
by
RUT 950 factory reset does not clear all content, e.g. Password, SIM settings (RUT9XX_R_00.05.03.3)
by anonymous
How do you even do a factory reset?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

How exactly are you resetting device ? Via button, terminal, WebUI ?
by
I have reset the router by Button (longer 5 seconds). The IP was reset
to 192.168.1.1 but the password and SIM settings were not reset.
(Password i need the actual, SIM logs in, the GUI knows only the PIN 
but not the other settings)
by anonymous
If you reset the router once again does it restore all settings ?
by
I reset the router several times over the button. In addition, I still have the method 'pressed button at power on' repeatedly tested. The password has been reset by the router back to admin01. However, the router connects again and again via SIM with the provider. Here the PIN is not reset (should not happen).
by anonymous
Upgrading via bootloader should do the trick:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

I'll try to check and update reset tomorrow.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Password should reset, this will need more long term tests in order to analyze it.

SIM PIN will be saved even after reset, it is done like that in order to save clients from blocking their SIM cards.
by
Hello Vilmantas1,
thanks for the info. Yes, the device will be reset, except for the SIM PIN.
The idea of ​​keeping the SIM-PIN is basically good. But couldn't you check in the
reset process, if a SIM card exists, and reset the SIM PIN in the absence of a SIM card.
by anonymous

I had exactly the same problem: after resetting the router with the button on the back, everything reset with the exception of the PIN (that's ok) and the password (that was the reason for the reset). The only option was to guess the password - and finally I managed to get to the router management panel. But what's interesting, after logging in I got the message "You haven't change the default password for this router." (the message is shown on the red bar below the menu). Which suggests there is some problem with password reset because the software prompts you to change the default password which seems normal after the reset - however I logged in with the old password after the reset. The password admin01 did not work after the reset.