FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
507 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

we have customers who use a special SIM card which allows no data connection, but only telephone calls and SMS (in and out). Using such a SIM card causes the TRB140 to reboot and/or reconnect sometimes to the mobile network if an incoming SMS arrives.

Any ideas what the reason could be?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please tell me if your TRB140 works stable if you insert a normal SIM card, not that "special one"?

Then I could report this issue to RnD with a decent explanation.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

yes our TRB140 works perfectly if we use a normal SIM card. We use the SMS Gateway function to send SMS remotely via HTTP requests towards the TRB140 and we have a HTTP server to which the TRB140 connects on incoming SMS.
by anonymous
Could you please private message me your troubleshoot file and details about your SIM card? I will report this to RnD and I need as many details as possible.

Thank you very much.

EB.
by anonymous
Should the SIM card be inserted to download the troubleshoot file?

Unfortunately we do not have such a SIM in our house at the moment, because the issue arised yesterday the first time. The customer was the first one to use such a special SIM.

We are going to order a no-data SIM and try to reproduce the issue. I think that we can send you the troubleshoot file with inserted SIM and infos about the SIM in about a week.
by anonymous
Yes, it would be better if the SIM was inserted at that moment when you download the troubleshoot file. It might be possible that the reboots will not let you go into WebUI, but at least one time of injecting it and removing it would be really helpful before downloading the file.

Thank you.

EB.
by anonymous
Also, a quick question.

You don't have ping reboot enabled, don't you?
by anonymous
Thank you!

Ok, I will let you know once we have the SIM card and send you the troubleshoot file.
by anonymous
No problem, looking forward to assisting you in the future.

EB.