FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
799 views 12 comments
by
Hello,

i've already started an OpenVPN server on a RUT905 and connected to other clients via a TAP bridged mode. The other clients are all (2 at the moment) TRB140 and i can interact with they through the LAN port on the same IP range created. After set up the TUN modo on the OpenVPN settings via the webUI i lost the NDIS communication with the router and i can't connect anymore, also the OpenVPN service don't work if i try to reach the IP address via the server or another client on the VPN. The firmware in use is the TRB14X_R_00.02.04.1 but i tried with the old one TRB14X_R_00.02.03.2 but still no luck.

Any help will be very accepted,

many thanks. Marco
by
UP

for the Teltonika Tech Crew, if you need further details please let me know. We have to install 20 of them.

Regards,

Marco

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Did I understand correctly that OpenVPN works well with TAP bridge mode? And when you use TUN mode it doesn't work? I want to check in more detail. Please generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message. Go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and click Download. Please send to me Server and Client troubleshoot.

by
Hello Marius, thanks for your reply and sorry for the misunderstanding. As soon as i try to start the TAP mode on the OpenVPN service and save to confirm the change, i lost the network connection via the USB cable and i can't see the webUI anymore. Therefore i can't generate the troubleshooting file to send you. I've already started 2 TRB141 clients with the same settings and i see they connected to server without problems.

Let me know how to help with further details.

Marco
by anonymous
I am sharing this link which describes how to configure the OpenVPN bridge (TAP):

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Connecting_two_same_subnet_office_networks_using_OpenVPN_bridge_(TAP)_on_RUTX

The example is provided with the RUTX product, but the firmware of the TRB product is similar, so the configuration logic is the same.
by
Hi Marius, thanks for your response, i recorded a video in which i try to explain where the problem is. How can i send a PM you the youtube link for watching it? (i prefer to not publish it to the crowd because of my IP static adress).

Thanks

Marco
by anonymous
Hello,

first register in the forum and then click on my profile name. Then press the green send private message button.
by anonymous
Hi Marius, I've sent you a PM.

Regards
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Based on your shared video, I see that you forgot to set the default gateway on your computer. The default gateway must be the same as the router's LAN IP. In your case it will be 192.168.0.30
by anonymous

Hi Marius, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the problem still remain; the network is disconnected or "unplugged" even if i set the default gateway on the properties of the NDIS connection. Please, see the screenshoot attached

Thanks, Marco

by anonymous
In the video you sent me, you showed me how to configure the OpenVPN client. Maybe you could show the Server configuration? Is the server also a RUT device or another device?
by
Hi, I prepare the server video, but what it's strange to me is the fact that after setup the tap settings in openvpn and save the changes I can't reach the trb141 via USB NDIS connection anymore. And I can't connect to the IP address of the webui of the router, the only thing to do is to reset to factory settings pushing the reset button. The server is a rut series too (rut905) and is already working with other 2 clients (trb140). Have you tried to save a tap openvpn settings to a trb141 router? Do you still have USB connection with the IP of the router?

Thanks, Marco
by anonymous
I tried to replicate your issue and got the same. I informed RnD about it. I will inform you as soon as there is any news.
by anonymous

Hi Marius, thanks for the tech support. However, in the meantime, i find this workaround to make it working. If you load up the configuration file with its certificates and key and after change the settings to bridge the LAN with the TAP it works. See the pictures attached. 

by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the information. I will also ask RnD about this workaround whether it is correct to do so.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello
I am facing the same issue with the latest FW on TRB140 (FW : TRB1_R_00.07.01).

The setup is an openvpn server (linux based) and teltonika clients.

The client config is a file, TLS auth is used.

The config is OK with RUT240 & RUTX12, LAN config of RUTs are in the same subnet, works.
With the TRB140, I need to leave the original config (DHCP for instance), setup the VPN, add the tap0 to the exiting bridge and make an alias on the bridged interface (to access the subnet).
by the way, I do not have the tap0 proposed in the administration UI to perform the bridge with the UI.

Do you have any information on the resolution of this issue?

Thank you

M.