FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,096 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi All,

My RUT240 does not seem to pick the 4G data connection up again after it loses it, is this normal ? I have got round this by using the ping reboot setting set to restart modem, but is this the best / only way to ensure the connection recovers ? Also I can "block" the SIM manually from my providers portal for additional security, only "allowing" it again when I need it, but with the ping reboot set, is it healthy to have the thing rebooting every 5 mins for hours / days on end ? what's the best way to do this ?

Thank you, Mark

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

There were some issues with 4G in older FW versions. The latest FW version for RUT240 has been out for more than a month now and so far the feedback has been excellent. So I recommend updating as it may solve your issue as well. You can download it from here.

Regarding your other question: why don't you turn Ping Reboot OFF when you block the SIM card?