FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
191 views 1 comments
by
Hello - I have a scenario where I need to override the NETMASK that is being assigned by the cellular provider. How can I do this in the configuration of the RUT240 device?

I tried to manually edit /etc/config/network and add an "option netmask '255.255.255.224'" to both the config interface 'wan' section and to the config interface 'ppp' section and neither worked.

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

As your IP address that you get from your operator is NAT'ed through their system it is not possible to change the outcome. Subnet of the network that you're joined with is set from operator side and you can only assign your own subnet for the network that you're creating.
by
Hello,

In my case, I have a private network from Verizon (a Zero Tunnel Private Network) and I need to be able to specify an explicit netmask. I have contacted Verizon and they say that they do not provision a netmask - I just need to set it on my end.

Perhaps my situation is a fringe case, but it would be good for Teltonika to support as wide a variety of deployment scenarios as possible. I can override the netmask if I use a USB modem with a Raspberry Pi. I can also override the netmask if I use a Cradlepoint device. I really like Teltonika devices and am trying to use them, but I keep running into issues because I feel that at design-time, they did not account for different deployment scenarios...

Thanks.