FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
734 views 1 comments
by
Hi!

I have a new RUTX11 router. I managed to set it up and get it working.

After firmware upgrade to RUTX_R_00.02.04.1_WEBUI.bin seemed to work fine, but after switching power off and on again, device will not start at all. Power led lights and if LAN-ports are connected, them too. Any other lights are not starting. I tried to reset, no effect.

I connected PC to router and used Bootloader-procedure to reload firmware (this time the earlier verison). This seemed to upgrade, but router still didn't start up. Factory reset don't work either.

I can't access to router with my PC because router won't seem to start at all. After awhile, power-led starts to blink, no other leds light up.

This is my second RUTX11 that stopped working in this week. Is there a problem with upgrade or am I doing something wrong?

What else can I do to solve this? Please help!
by
Hi,

Have you found out what was going on?
I'm experiencing the same issue. Hope you have found an answer to your question and willing to share it.

Thanks.

2 Answers

0 votes
by
Hello,

I would suggest you to try bootloader upgrading to the firmware that is not the latest. Maybe something in router configuration messed up and not starting as it should.

If it won't help you I think the best option would be filling RMA form again and hoping it's just a bad luck with the faulty devices that somehow got into your hands.
0 votes
by
Hello,

I'm not sure that I solved the problem, but here's how I got my router working again;

After several attempts, I finally managed to get factory reset working: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Device_Recovery_Options

Now router agreed to start, but with older firmware. I have upgraded firmware step by step by downloading firmware files to computer and selecting "upgrade form file" (previously I chose "upgrade from server"..This shouldn't make any difference, but after I several times failed miserably with "server" -selection, I'm sticking with this.) I still havent upgraded the latest firmware, so I'm not ready to call this solved, but so far everything has been working just fine.