FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
740 views 5 comments
by
Is it possible to do a client isolation on a RUTX08, network users/computers not allowed to seeing each other in the network.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello.

Yes it is possible. I think the VLAN function should help you.

Kind regards.

by
I was thinking about that function too, but there is maybe around 40 computers, phones and tablets on the network and they aren´t always connected and there could be new units that will be added all the time.

Almost like a public network.
by anonymous

Hi,

In this case, describe in more detail an example of your topology.

RUTX08 cannot serve as a wireless access point, what other network devices are you planning to connect?

What exactly do you want to do?

Regards.

by
The landlord buys Internet access which comes in through the router (RUTX08) and it is then sent out to each tenant through a coax network together with cable TV, each tenant then has their own wifi through 100/100 Mbit / s, and some tenants have their own router so these will not affected by this as they have their own network after wan port.
But the tenants who do not have their own router get their IP numbers directly from RUTX08 and therefore they can see other computers in the network and we dont want that. So all the tenants use the same public IP number from the ISP.

Regards
by anonymous

In this case I think you need to use port based vlan.

Each port will have a different subnet, so you can separate the devices connected to the RUT.

Best regards.

by
Thanks, I will look into that function soon as possible and see if I can get it to work :-)

Best Regards