FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
355 views 2 comments
by
I can successfully connect to several devices on LAN side via RMS device access.

However as a quick example I cannot get access to CCTV video streams via NVR or direct to an IP cameras stream, for sure the issue is when you set up direct access you can only input one PORT, but the streams are served commonly on 8000, so HTTP webpage default of 80, with streams/audio served over 8000.

So question is why can we not input more that one port in the system to allow true access, I tried separating with a ; or , or : with no joy.

My only way to achieve true access at the moment is to access the device (via RMS or SMS message), switch on the client_VPN to our server here and then it works perfectly, but the big selling point for me with multiple sites I want to roll these routers out too, (got 5 at moment) is I dont want to mess around with our VPN.

Is there a work-around with the ports???

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I will need more details about your issue before I can report it to RnD.

• Is the main issue that you can't access cameras from HTTP webpage as they use a different port than the webpage itself?
  • Could you please do a topology with ports and IP addresses how do you connect to them locally?
  • Is there any particular software that you're using to manage your CCTV platform?
Thank you.
EB.
by
  • Is the main issue that you can't access cameras from HTTP webpage as they use a different port than the webpage itself?
    • Yes I can 100% access all settings, what we cannot do is access streams (any of them primary/sub/third). 
    • So I set up access with port 80, but my belief is the reason we are not getting streams is that port 8000 which handles actual video data is not within the device access rules.
    • On sites where say we connect to a router (any router) over a firewall via a different WAN IP, we would get the same issue if we only setup port 80 to forward, we need to always add port 8000 to allow the video streams so it makes sense this is the issue.
  • Could you please do a topology with ports and IP addresses how do you connect to them locally?
    • so naturally on the LAN (or VPN) the devices see all traffic so connecting to them locally would be via say 192.168.1.100 and provided the viewing machine/PC is in the same LAN/Subnet all good.
    • On VPN its a tunnel 10.8.0.2 or whatever is assigned, effectively same as being in the LAN due to bridges our end in our DDWRT router.
    • On sites we have say NVR on 1.100, cam01 on 1.101, and so on, internal ports default 80/8000, not sure the relevance of this as connecting to either the NVR or say cam01 on 1.101 is the same issue i.e. no stream, unless local or VPN in.
  • Is there any particular software that you're using to manage your CCTV platform?
    • Perhaps we can forget the particular software question as its not really too relevant IMHO, the scenario I require is barebones Internet Explorer use as we need this to be able to use pretty much anywhere in case myself or one of my engineers only have access to a temporary machine so client installation is a no, no, browsers are the answer. (i.e. avoiding client software install)

On the platform of the CCTV front, FYI in the 4G routers we are using currently they are all HIK-Vision devices, but we use several CCTV systems, access controllers of many different brands, but for now if need be just stick with it being HIK-Vision.

PM me if need to call?
by anonymous
Could you please private message me your router serial number that you have registered on RMS so RnD could connect to your cameras?

Also add any login credentials, if there are any.