FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
378 views 0 comments
by

Hello,

I have issues connecting chromecast to RUT240.

During troubleshooting if found out to get chromecast working with "open wep" or no encryption.

WPA/PSK or WPA2/PSK is not working, but needed to connect Iphone with as for Iphhone WEP or no encryption is not safe enough.

I have latest firmware on RUT240 and chromecast.

Tested with changing password (no special characters), channel to fix on channel 1 and 6, changed the cipher suites/encryption for WPA(2) without success

I have taken a tcpdump, at this I can see chromecast is sending Authentication packet, but no traffic back.

in system log file I see this error: "Tue Aug  4 15:51:37 2020 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH f0:5c:77:46:18:52"

Someone a suggestion how to fix this?

chromecast RUT240 pcap

Br,

Ben

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If WPA/PSK or WPA2/PSK working on other devices and the issue only appears with chromecast, try resetting chromecast to factory defaults if it possible, as the issue could be from its end. Although I could not do any further testing as chromecast not available for me.