FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
458 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I'm about to use DYNU.COM Dynamic DNS service. The problem is that I need to change several host names at once. There are several ways to do it:

1. specify a coma-delimited list in the hostname URL parameter, or

2. assign all relevant DNS records to a single group and use the group name in the location URL parameter.
I decided to go the second way as I want to manage the DNS stuff in the DYNU.COM admin console rather than distributing up-to-date list to all routers.
The issue is that the default template for DYNU.COM in RUTX12 does not support the location parameter. The way to work-around it is by going Custom. The problem here is that the field Custom update-URL seems to like host names only. The only way to change this parameter is through UCI.
Everything works as expected.
There is also additional related issue: the configuration UI is no longer usable after that UCI change as the Custom update-URL field is from that time marked as invalid and the UI does not allow any change.
So, could you please take a look at it?
With best regards,
PETR
P.S.: The workaround – for others facing the issue:
  • Use uci to configure DDNS: uci get/set ddns.myddns.parameter
  • The parameter is one of the options listed in /etc/config/ddns in the config service 'myddns' section.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I've reported your issue to RnD.

Once I know any additional information about this case - I will let you know.

EB.
by anonymous

I was into this issue and tired to   tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys

with

regards

by anonymous
My proposition to this issue is to allow for a user editable /etc/hosts file