FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
699 views 8 comments
by
Hello!

I have a problem with reaching connection to my Router RUT955 over VPN. I've used this instruction https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_L2TP_over_IPsec_(Windows_10). When I want to connect, I receive message: ,,The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer". I would be very grateful for help.

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

Most of the time this error occurs when some of the configurations or authentications are not the same on both sides.

But there are few things you can try:

1. Making sure Microsoft CHAP Version 2 is enabled in network adapter settings behind a virtual VPN adapter.

2. Double checking if Pre-Shared key is correct.

3. Restarting VPN service on your PC. You can do that by right-clicking on Windows Start button, clicking Run, typing in services.msc and finding VPN service that should be named something like: IKE and AuthIP IPSec Keying Modules.

4. Lastly, you can try restarting your pc and the router after all these steps and checking if anything else happens or pops up in logs.

EB.

by
Thanks for help, but I have already made it. Problem must be hidden somewhere else.
by anonymous
Please post screenshots of your RUT955 IPSec and L2TP configurations.

Also please add how does it look like when you connecting VPN adapter to Windows (Fields and values you write there).

Thank you.

EB.
by
Could you give your e-mail? I will send you rar.
by anonymous
You can send me the file through private messages. Create an account on the forum and you should be able to find the button for messaging on my forum profile.

EB.
by anonymous
Hello

I have purchased a Teltonika RUT955 router and I have tried  to do the same configuration, with a SIM mobile card, but without succes, I can't connect through a VPN connection to the router. I have followed the steps from the above instruction and I also have checked what you suggested, the thing with the protocols security. Can you provide me some support in order to solve this issue? In the "Overview" section, I can see the fact that the SIM card is connected and the ethernet signal is ok. Also, in the "network topology " section, the router is connected to the internet.

Thank you in advance!
0 votes
by anonymous
One question. Do you have public up address from your provider?
by anonymous

Hello,

After reading your post, I have noticed that the WAN IP address is 10.32.134.37. I also read the section with the private IP addresses blocks and the WAN IP address fits in the first category. I tried with a different SIM card, from a different provider, the WAN IP starts also with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. Now that you have mentioned this thing, I think that the actual WAN IP address should be the issue, am I right? I must have a public IP address at the WAN port (one IP that is not included in the below IP range).

by anonymous
Yes. For the such connection you must have public “white” up address.
by anonymous
1qqq thanks for the info, I really appreciate!