FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
700 views 7 comments
by anonymous

RUT955 properties:

Firmware version

RUT9xx_R_00.06.06.1

Build Date

2020-03-13 09:37:25

Kernel version

Bootloader version

Have inserted a SanDisk USB stick (32 Gb, ext2 formatted) to my RUT955 (refer to properties above) and successfully performed memory expansion under menu "System>Memory expansion".

Then I referred to "System" widget under menu "Status>Overview". Under label "Memory usage" I still read "FLASH: 40% used", and hovering over it I can read "Used: 1.5MB, Free: 2.2MB, Total: 3.7MB".

Is it to be expected to see the additional memory in this view of the WEB GUI? If yes, I would say it is wrong.

Thanks for any comments resp. answers.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

I have tested it on my side and it seems to be working fine. What i did is i reformat my External HDD (1TB Seagate) to ext2 using AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 8.8 program. Then inserted my External HDD to the USB port of RUT955 after that i went to System > Memory Expansion tab. 

Just enabled it and save. After saving the device will reboot and from their your Storage will be upgraded. 

Hope it helps

Regards,

Jerome

by anonymous
Hello Jerome, thank you very much for your answer. I exactly repeated the steps described by you (also with AOMEI tool) but widget still fails to reflect the extra memory. Can you please precise the steps within AOMEI. Do you think that using an USB hub while formatting is a problem? Thanks in advance and BR Guenther
by anonymous
Hello,

I will make a short step by step tutorial for this one. I will get back to you..

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Hello,
Here is a step by step guide for making a Ext2 Drive from: https://www.diskpart.com/articles/format-usb-to-ext2-7201.html
Step 1.
 Run AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to access its main interface, right click the USB drive and choose "Format Partition".

Format Partition

Step 2. In the subsequent window, choose Ext2 from the given file systems and click "Next".

Format Partition to Ext2

Note: if you want to format USB to Ext4, just choose it from the options.

Step 3. Back to the main interface, click "Apply" and then "Proceed" to commit the pending operation.

Apply

When it completes, the USB drive will be formatted to be Ext2 on Windows successfully. But Ext2 cannot be recognized by Windows operating system, so you cannot see this USB drive and access it in Windows File Explorer.

For the Teltonika memory expansion guide follow this steps: 

1.  After the sucessfull creation of the USB ext2 drive connect the USB Drive to the USB port of RUT955. 
2. Log in to the Web UI of the RUT955.
The original device overview storage is this:

3. Then Navigate to System > Memory Expansion Tab

4. After selecting the Memory expansion tab you will be redirect to this web page and select Enable Memory Expansion: 
The web page must look like this

If you are redirect to a web page similar to this meaning the USB Drive is not detected: 

5. If everything is okay select save and the device will automatically reboot: 

6. After reboot log in again to the web ui of the device and it should show the USB storage + its flash storage: 

If the issue still persists try re-flashing the firmware without keeping the settings or try a different USB drive if possible. 

Hope it helps 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hello Jerome, thanks a lot for this exact description and the time you spent for it. I performed each step exactly this way, yet still no success. As you wrote, I have to try another USB drive and then, if this still does not help, I will try re-flashing RUT955's firmware. I am a novice at this device and hopefully I can save the configuration in advance (in a file or by screenshots). What do you mean, is it o.k. to load the saved configuration after re-flash, or is it advisable to manually re-configure the router? Thanks for all your help. I will not have time today to answer. BR Guenther
by anonymous
Hello,

We can do a short remote session for this just pm me for the information and your free time so that i can check it with my schedule also :)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous

Jerome, thanks for your offer. What do you mean with "... just pm me for the information ..."? What can I prepare for such a remote session? By the way, are you a Teltonika employee? Tomorrow we could meet any time if it is convenient for you. BR Guenther

by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, I am a Teltonika Networking Technical Support designated in Dubai. Private message me the details for the remote session. I am free this morning 10AM Dubai time. Just prepare the RUT955 and some extra flash drive.

Regards,
Jerome