FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
476 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i need my RUT955 to send an SMS with a destinct text to a destinct Number ("15GB" to 1330)  in order to activate a data option.
How can i do this whilst I can reach the device only via RMS, SMS or Phone menu?

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

• If you're using RMS then you should be able to access devices WebUI, where you can send SMS through SMS Management.
  • If you're using SSH connection through RMS, then you can use gsmctl command. gsmctl -S -s "phone_number Text that you want to send"
  • You can also use HTTP Post/Get requests that usually are used with Public IP, but we can combine it with RMS. Just instead of "youripaddress" use RMS generated link of remote WebUI.
Hope this was helpful.
EB.
by anonymous
I tried what you suggested, but it seems i already have expired my data-limit.

As the data option is not automatically renewed i depend on a SMS based command that can trigger a sms i order to re-book the option, as the RUT955 is stuck behind the paywall of the provider and cannot connect to the RMS.