FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
714 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUT950MO1XXX in Denmark on a vessel that moves between two locations several times a day.

The device experiences loss of 4G comms randomly, where it will fail to regain connection until a daily reboot.

I have recorded times and locations of the losses and there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern in location or time. I've had it happen couple of days consecutively, or have several days in between.

Could you please suggest ways to diagnose this issue?

Thanks
by
I have just found this site to post precisely the same problem with the same model of router.  If the router restarts post a isp problem, it indicates 4g is being received, WiFi is indicated on my phone or iPad but I’m guessing it’s just a carrier wave? Only when the router power is turned off/on can I use the Internet? I would be grateful of any help!
by anonymous
not sure what your questions is sorry

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please send me the troubleshoot file via private message? Make sure you download it after the issue occurs and before your router reboots.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Sorry the device is deployed in a location I am not physically at. It would not be possible to get a troubleshoot file downloaded while it has no connection.

Would it be an issue to get the file straight after the reboot?
by anonymous

It would be an issue, reboot will wipe the system log in which is the sensitive information I need.

As there is no way to get close to solving your issue right now without the troubleshoot file, as a work-around I noticed you said "daily reboot"? If you're using just a daily reboot I highly recommend you using ping-reboot which will reboot your device once the connection is lost and you will not have to wait till daily reboot initiates.

EB.

by anonymous
Thanks Ernestas. I have applied the pint-reboot. I'll monitor it for a week or so.
by anonymous
Will there be a log recorded when it does do a ping reboot?
by anonymous
There will be no logs, as they are erased after the reboot. So, unfortunately, we can't trace it.

You can see at what time the system generated a new system log - it will be the approximate time when the system has been rebooted.

EB.
by anonymous
how do I see that the new system log was generated? what would I be looking for?
by anonymous

Timestamps on the left, first line of SYSTEM log will indicate the time of freshly booted router. Make sure you get it from troubleshoot file.

EB.