RUT240 WiFi operates in 2.4Ghz frequency and a lot of devices use 2.4Ghz wavelength. While you may not have many of these devices in your home, if you live in apartment surrounded by other people, that 2.4Ghz band is likely congested with number of devices.
You could try to switch your WiFi mode between Auto, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11g+n and check if your connection improves (Go to Network > Wireless > Edit > Advanced Settings).
Also there could be issue with your PC wireless adapter.
- Go to Computer Properties and then go to Device Manager;
- In Device Manager go to Network Adapter and expand it;
- Now find your WiFi driver. Something like Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter;
- Right click it and go to Properties. Then go to advanced tab.
- In this Menu go to Wireless Mode. On the right side you will see the Value field;
- Change the value to IEEE 802.11 from the dropdown Menu. and click apply and save. Wifi router will restart itself.
Hopefully the problem will be solved. Let me know if problem persists.