FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
610 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm testing a RUT950 right now to check if it suits or companies needs.

If I get documentation right, even the RUT950 has no GPS built in it should show its approximate location on device map based on the connected cell.

This is not the case on my 950. I haven't set a manual location so far as I understood that manual set location has the highest prio of all methods. I also found the information that location calc is only done once a day at 00 UTC so I kept the router online during last night but I still cant see its location in RMS.

Is there anything I still need to configure? And for our further plans: Is it possible to have the cell based location calculated more than once a day?

Best thanks in advance

Max

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Remote Management System (RMS) indeed offers feature to see your device approximate location based on the connected cell. I just tested another RUT950 device and everything looked good. I suggest few things:

• Check if you have enabled monitoring for your device ( Services > Device Monitoring.) Make sure that Service and Monitoring sliders are enabled.
  • Update device information ( Management > Devices). Find your device and click Update device information icon under Actions tab.
  • Disconnect your device from RMS service and try to connect again.

For now were are updating location once per day and have no future plans to do that more frequently. 

Regards.