FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,315 views 3 comments
by
Hi there

i bought the rut950 and there's two types of mobile antennas. which goes to which connection? the cable antenna goes to the aux or main ?
by
I don't have GPS so I'm referring to the antenna which the magnet in the end.

Does it matter if I switch between the aux and the main?what's the best configuration.. I use the router mainly for streaming

Thanks
by anonymous
I would keep the SMA antenna as a MAIN since it's gain is significantly higher than magnetic one. Also would recommend to always use both antennas

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi djgoosh,

MAIN antenna - receives and send information / AUX antenna - only receives. In other words AUX antenna is used for data correction. You can use your SMA LTE antenna for MAIN and CABLE (assuming it's the magnetic one) for AUX. Make sure that the antenna you call CABLE is not GPS. You can send me the picture if this confuses you so I can explain.

by anonymous

Hi, i have connected PR1US440 sma antenna to Aux port and no antenna to main port. However, it both send and receive. Is this possible?