FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
622 views 7 comments
by
Hi,

As for now two routers (both RUT950) had factory settings restored "on their own" (all settings including password). It happened most likely after power loss (both work on remote machines so that's only a guess). Access is limited so I'm 100% sure no one did it manually.  Did anyone had the same problem?
by
This keeps happening to my RUTX11. I'm using it with the 12V adapter in my car (Tesla Model 3). It has now reset to factory settings 4-5 times in 2 weeks...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It shouldn't happen unless your router got a static discharge which also wiped your internal memory by accident. It isn't normal so I would suggest looking into your cables, electricity, and placement of the router as it's not the fault of the router (it's very unlikely that the routers are faulty as you got the same issue with two of them at the same time).

EB.
by
It didn't happen at the same time (3 months difference) and are installed in separate machines (detached nitrogen generators, about 100 m from each other) though with same end power supply, which was know for power losses in past. But assuming static discharges to be the cause is there a way to overwrite factory settings so it loads with my settings instead (I mainly interested with APN and port redirection)?
by anonymous
Hi,

There is no way that router after a factory reset would know how to set-up your router with settings that are not pre-configured in the firmware. For that I would suggest you to look into SDK possibility where you would be able to change the firmware itself to have your pre-defined settings. This way router would know into what settings it should go back once it was factory reset.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Software_Development_Kit

EB.
by

This keeps happening to my RUTX11. I'm using it with the 12V adapter in my car (Tesla Model 3). It has now reset to factory settings 4-5 times in 2 weeks...

by anonymous
Hi,

Could you check if that is happening if you connect RUTX11 to normal wall AC? Might be that VDC is not stable and you'll need additional hardware like DC stabilizer. But first, check if product itself is not faulty.

EB.
by

Hi EB,

I tried with the normal wall AC now and now it doesn't seem to boot. Only the power led lights up, nothing else happens...

Edit: After awhile with steady glow on the power led, the power led starts blinking. Nothing else happens.

Edit 2: I've checked the stability of the 12V in the car and it's rock solid. It's what I expected of an EV compared to a combustion engine car where the voltage might jump around a bit at engine start/engine on/engine off.

by
I was able to enter the bootloader menu and tried to upgrade the firmware from there. It didn't work, after a while the power led just starts blinking and nothing more happens.