FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
441 views 4 comments
by

Hello,

Our company is actually trying out the RutX11(RUTX_R_00.02.04.3 firmware) as an alternative device to the Rut955 Routers.
And i actually cant get the config working in the same way as we already have it in our 955 Routers running.

We are working with a OVPN Server for maintaining our machines remotely.
Therefore we have a custom firewall rule which routes the "lan" interace into the VPN interface.
This looks like the following:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d '10.100.102.0/24' -i tun_c_tun0 -j NETMAP --to '192.168.10.0/24'
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s '192.168.10.0/24' -o tun_c_tun0 -j NETMAP --to '10.100.102.0/24'

Exactly that entry is working fine in the Rut955 device but not with our RutX11 test device.

Maybe somebody of you can help me out with that.

BR,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

RUTX series firmware does support the DNETMAP extension. However, it will be added to our next FW release.

Meanwhile, you can use this test FW if you wish to conduct tests. Though I recommend using this only for testing purposes and install the standard FW when it is released. New firmware releases for RUTX11 are uploaded here (FW with DNETMAP should begin with RUTX_R_00.02.05).

DM

by
I tried the beta Firmware but it still seems that it is not working...
When will the the new firmware release be available?
by anonymous
Hello,

We can't specify exact date, but RUTX_R_00.02.05 version should be released in few weeks.

Regards.
by anonymous

@anonymous

Are you sure the FW upgrade was successful? Because I just copied and pasted the commands from your post and they seem to be working. Or perhaps there is a mismatch with interface names? Would it help if you replaced tun_c_tun0 with tun_+?

by

@Dziugas

Ok back from my holiday i have checked a few things and now it works with the following command:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d '10.100.102.0/24' -i tun0 -j NETMAP --to '192.168.10.0/24'
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s '192.168.10.0/24' -o tun0 -j NETMAP --to '10.100.102.0/24'

I also tried it with FW RUTX_R_00.02.04.3 again but without success.
What i have seen with lsmod in CLI "xt_Netmap" is missing in the Release firmware (Which is also available in Rut955).

Why is it not upgraded to Dnetmap?

Where can i get BETA Firmwares + Changelogs in the future?