FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
868 views 5 comments
by

Firmware 1.12.3 on RUT240.

It seems that RUT240 is not receiving SMS messages. I checked that the SIM receives correctly SMS when installed in a cellular phone but when installed in RUT240 is not answering to SMS Rules.

I’ve tried with No Authorization method and also with Router Admin Password.

It sends SMS correctly but doesn’t receive any SMS (it doesn’t appear also in System Log).

by anonymous

Dear sir , 

I had a similar issue when I upgraded the latest version nothing worked of the SMS neither receiving or sending SMS at all 

I would urge you if you upgraded the FW lately to downgrade it to what was before (my provider was Vodaphone) 

If you want I can tell you the version I have that works.(its old but does the job FOR ME.)

by
I would appreciate if you let me know which firmware you are using ;-)

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I've tried to replicate your issue and wasn't successful with it.

Could you restore your device to default factory settings and then without any additional configuration send an SMS message?

Before doing that you could also try to just restart your device or only modem.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous

The latest one FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

by anonymous

and for the RUT240   FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.3    this is the one that came with it and worked , then I upgraded to a new version everything was bricked ( SMS wice )    

0 votes
    by anonymous

and for the RUT240   FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.3    this is the one that came with it and worked , then I upgraded to a new version everything was bricked ( SMS wise ) 

0 votes
    by anonymous
    Hello, i am having the same issue. RUT240 FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.2. Device not responding to any sms. Cannot read the sms from sim card.

any solution? i have over a dozen RUT240 installed on the field with no way to restart them if they loose connection.
    by anonymous
    Hi,

Could you elaborate on the steps you've done to encounter such an issue?

EB.
    by anonymous
    I tried to restart a remote router because i lost connection. I haven't made any changes is the SMS utilities. I will PM you my files to check them