FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
163 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Our RUT240s are connected with the internet using SIM-cards provided by the German Telekom. We are using DynDNS provided by Strato. The configuration works well for some days or even weeks. For unknown reasons the update of the IP fails after some time and we are not able to access the network behind the RUT any more. Any help is highly appreciated.

Another strange behaviour: We are not able to acvtivate the customized default DynDNS description. We allways have to create a new (similar) description to ernable DynDNS

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

In these cases when clients use specific DynDNS service it's practical to switch to other services to see if the bug appears again. As this is a long testing process (you said the issue could be hiding for days or even weeks before coming out) it would be better for you to test it yourself as there's a big chance that we will not be able to replicate this issue.

Regarding the customized default DynDNS description, I will need you to elaborate on this in more detail as I do not understand where and what changes you do to DynDNS to make it work. So screenshots and more details on this would be appreciated.

EB.
by anonymous

Several month have passed but the problem is still remaining - even using the actual firmware.

When I checked our RUT240 today (connecting via RMS) I noticed that two of them stopped updating the IP adress one week ago at 04-26-2021 - I got no actual IP using nslookup. I changed some attribute in the DynDNS profile (e.g. "force new IP" from 10 to 12), saved the new profile and RUT updated the IP immediately.

Thus sometimes a simple change of an attribute helps, sometimes I have to define a new profile, similar to the existing one, and DynDNS works immediately with the new one.

Until now I have not been able to really reproduce the situation. One assumption is that DynDNS stops working when the router is loosing its LTE connection:

179 2021-04-26 03:10:30 Mobile Data Mobile data connected, IP: 37.80.70.180 Telekom.de
178 2021-04-26 03:10:04 Network Type Joined 4G LTE
177 2021-04-26 03:10:01 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected
176 2021-04-26 02:47:01 Mobile Data Mobile data connected, IP: 37.80.70.180 Telekom.de
175 2021-04-26 02:46:33 Network Type Joined 4G LTE
174 2021-04-26 02:46:30 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected

But I have to verify if this is a random correlation or not.

br

Klaus-Peter