FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
403 views 6 comments
by
Hi, I'm able to send swedish letters from TRB142 to public network, but not receive. Is there any settings for this matter.

Regards Kjell

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I will need more details about what are you trying to do and where you do not receive your SMS with Swedish letters.

Could you give more explanation? Maybe screenshots or step-by-step configuration?

EB.
by
Hi,

I just send a SMS to the phonenumber on the installed SIM-card. Then I type the command "gsmctl -S -l New".

The message is shown on the screen and all swedish letters are changed to "?". I'm using "PUTTY" for serial connection towards

TRB142.

Kjell
by

Hi again,

Here comes some info:

The SMS:

to:+46709726429

text: Åäö

Printout TRB142

root@Teltonika-TRB142:~# gsmctl -S -l New

root@Teltonika-TRB142:~# gsmctl -S -l New

Index: 1

Date: 2020-09-11 08:37:55

Sender: +46702160860

Text: ▒▒▒

------------------------------

root@Teltonika-TRB142:~#

I've an application which sending the "gsmctl -S -l New" command and reading the printout on the screen. 

Kjell

by anonymous
Hi, I was able to replicate your issue and reported it to RnD. Thank you for your feedback.

I will come back to you as soon as I get any useful information.

EB.
by
Hi

I’ve solved the issue. I made changes in setup for putty ”translation ” and changes in my program. I had to receive the data from the modem byte by byte and convert the bytes to string with new encoding (westen eurupean)

Thanks for now.

Regards Kjell
by anonymous
Glad you were able to solve your issue.

EB.
by

Good day, i have the same issue but in Webgui. All swedish letters (åäö) becomes ?.

Router RUT-XR1