FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,389 views 16 comments
by anonymous
I would like to use a specific LAN port on my RUTX11 for using MOBILE data only and the other 3 ports used for accessing the internet via the connected WAN. Im guessing this would be set up via VLAN somehow but not really sure how to achieve this. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I think your issue was discussed here in this thread: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/21805/rutx09-policy-base-routing-for-dual-wan?show=21805#q21805

Please reference it to your needs.

EB.

by anonymous

HI, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I still cannot get this to  work.

Im unsure about what IP to use in this part of the steps

"Then enter the IP address of the WAN interface that you wish to associate with this LAN into the IPv4 gateway field and optionally specify a DNS server:" 

Does this mean I should use the dynamic wan IP received from the mobile ISP, if this is the case surely it will change quite regularly?

by anonymous
Yes. But you can use Dynamic DNS service to always update your IP against some kind of domain name created in the service. This way you will be able to redirect your IP automatically.

EB.
by anonymous
Aaah Of course. Thanks for this. Dont know why I never thought of this.

Thanks
by anonymous
Ive still been unable to get this working, I tried using the IP address to test before using dynamic DNS, but it still defaults to the wired WAN even although the gateway IP is set to the IP for Mobile WAN.

Any suggestions?
by anonymous

Hi,

Here's another solution:

1. Reset your router to defaults so no configurations would interfere with this new set-up.

2. After that go to your Network > VLAN and create a new VLAN ID (3), but do not tag or untag any ports, type only the name and that's it. Save.

3. Go to your Network > Interfaces and create a new interface - named something like LAN2.

3.1 Give it Static protocol.

3.2 Enable DHCP server

3.3 IPv4 address 192.168.3.1

3.4 IPv4 netmask 255.255.255.0

3.5 Save.

4. Go back to editing your new LAN2 interface and head to Physical settings

4.1. Enable Bridge Interfaces

4.2. Select eth0.3 in the list as your interface and nothing elseю

4.3 Go to Firewall settings and select LAN zone as your new interface firewall zone.

4.4 Save.

5.Head over to Routing > Advanced Static Routes.

5.1 Add new routing table with ID 300 and any name, e.g lantraffic.

5.2 Go to your table editing page (pencil icon on the right side).

5.3 Add Static IPV4 Route with the interface you wish to assign. In this case, I want to separate the mobile connection:

Configure it like this and save.

5.4 Go back to the Advanced Static Routes page and add Routing rule with your new LAN interface as incoming one:

5.5 Save.

6. Now we will go to CLI and do a small change in the network configuration file.

6.1 Login to your CLI and execute vi /etc/config/network, once you're in the document press letter on your keyboard to start editing the file.

6.2 Find something like this interface and add the line option ip4table '300':

After you're done editing press ESC on your keyboard and type :wq to quit editing and save.

Execute /etc/init.d/network restart to commit your changes.

7. Finally go back to your Network > VLAN configuration in WebUI and change your wanted port from the first ID, from Untagged to OFF.

And then give it Untagged on ID: 3.

After this save your configuration and you should be able to see that traffic is coming from a different source for that port exactly.

EB.

by anonymous

Hi Ernestas,

This is excellent, thank you very much. I finally have it working the way I wanted. laugh

Brendan

by anonymous
Glad we sorted this out for you.

Have a nice day!

EB.
by anonymous
Hello again,

Sorry I need to revisit this again. Yesterday I was out of 4G signal area (I work on a vessel). I wrongly assumed because LAN port one was connecting onto the 192.168.3.X IP range, that this was working correctly and at the time no network access is what I was expecting, however now that we are in 4G area I can see that there is still no access via the mobie network. I have tested the mobile network and can confirm there is network access, just not on this specified port.

Ive went through all the steps again and kind find what the problem is. The pictures in your last guide are bit blurry not sure if I have maybe inserted wrong data here?

Thanks again

Brendan
by anonymous
Could you give me a representation of what your network config looks like? Add some screenshots too.

EB.
by anonymous
by anonymous
I've checked your images and I see that the mobile connection is up and everything is set-up how it supposed to. LAN1 should parse out the traffic through the modem.

If it doesn't work, could you try doing everything again? Reset and repeat the guide?

EB.
by anonymous
Ive factory rest the router and run through all the steps again. Still no Internet access on Lan port 1.

thanks
by anonymous
Have you done any additional configuration?

Did it work before when you were in 4G signal area?

Does it work if it's freshly reset and without configuration?

EB.
by anonymous

The only additional configuration i made was to select SIM 2 as default which is where the working sim for this area is installed.

The port itself works if I leave it on default VLAN but then I cant select specific route to internet.

by anonymous
Would you be willing to do a remote session maybe? If yes - please private message me with your anydesk ID. (Please connect external internet cable to your computer so I won't lose the connection on config changes).

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

trying to configure RUTX12 that LAN 2 3 4 and both WIFI's traffic goes through SIM1 WAN  and LAN 1 through SIM2 WAN. At the moment there is only SIM1 inserted but I am still reaching Internet from all Interfaces. DHCP works ok (LAN 2 3 4 and WIFI's are 192.168.1.1 and LAN 1 is 192.168.2.1).

ErnestasB can you help me on that ?

Thank you