FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
781 views 6 comments
by
When I set a speed limit for one of the interfaces it limits them all, and I can't see where I am going wrong

any help would be appreciated

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide more details (device you are using, firmware version, etc.). Also can you send your configuration example?

Regards.
by

Hi, I have the RUT 950, firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1  

I have a device that is connected by ethernet to the router with I am wanting to limit the speed to this one device. In the qos settings I have ticked the Lan Enable and calculate overhead boxes and set the upload and download speed to 3000 kbit/s but I just end up limiting all connected devices.

I am not sure if I need to enter anything in the classification rules as that's a bit beyond my technical knowledge.

Thanks for your help 

when I select lan in qos it limits the device connected by ethernet, which is what I want.... but also limits all devices connected by wifi, this is my problem

by anonymous
If I understood correctly, it limits all the devices connected to the ethernet ports, right? If you set QoS for LAN interface, it works as intended.
by

when I select lan in qos it limits the device connected by ethernet, which is what I want.... but also limits all devices connected by wifi, this is my problem

by anonymous

Hello,

I suppose it is because WiFi and ethernet are in the same LAN. Please limit Wired QoS to limit only ethernet connection.

Regards.

by
Hi, I tried limit wired qos but after testing it does not limit the speed upload or download
by anonymous

Alright, then you will need to use classification rules, because interfaces section is used to set up download and upload speed limits on the device's (router) network interfaces. The classification rules section is used to configure rules that prioritize certain traffic over other, less important traffic. This traffic can be defined by a source or destination host, port or a network protocol. For your use case you will need to set destination host to the device you want to limit, ports all.

Regards.