FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
631 views 2 comments
by

Hello,

We have a Rut955 with IPSec LANtoLAN VPN: 

SiteA <===VPN===> SiteB  

In SiteB there is two LANs, the first LAN is reached without problems, but.... 

What do I have to configure in Teltonika to be able to reach that second network through the VPN?

Thanks and best regards.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The first things to check would be if your first LAN network can reach the second LAN locally:

• Do you have it configured in the firewall so it could be reached from OpenVPN?
  • Are there any more services that could be blocking you from reaching it? Hotspot or anything else?
  • Do you see static routes to this specific network?
EB.
by
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have say that the Teltonika firewall are on factory default, I have not added any rules. On the other hand, this second network is reachable from the first one (something like inter-lan-routing has been configured in the other site).

In other devices, it is only necessary to add that second network to which you want to access (something similar to what is shown in the attached screenshot).

Is it necessary to make any other settings on the teltonika?

Thanks and best regards.
by anonymous

Make sure that both of the routers on both ends have LAN's defined.

If you have two LANs on router A - then you must define them in IPSec configuration as Local IP address/Subnet mask.

On the other side, Router B you must also define both Router A LANs, but this time in Remote IP address/Subnet mask.

As I see only one side configuration in the screenshot, I assume you didn't do that.

I've tested this just now and I have fully working ping across all 3 LANS (2 on A, 1 on B).

EB.