FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
306 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have been accessing a camera connected to an RUT09 using a VPN (IPsec) connection for the last year. This has now stopped working, and I suspect it is because of the changes made in PCN_RMS_20200903_EN  ???

I am not sure exactly how to allow the ports & IP address. I have added rules under the firewall section -see screenshot attached

but this does not solve the problem

I am still using RUTX_R_00.02.00.2 firmware.

Is this correct ?

Thanks

Kegscy

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all, your RUTX firmware is fairly old, please update it to the latest available firmware.

Next, I would like to see a full topology of your connection - as you mentioned there is an IPSec running between something?

Please update your device and come back with more details about this issue.

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version & attached a topology diagram.

The RUTX09 is installed on a boat and I do not have physical access right now (but I will on Thursday)

When I try to access the camera via VPN, I can see traffic flow under Status\Realtime Data\Connections:TCP data  (and also under Status\Realtime Data\Traffic: LAN), but the camera will not display correctly. (and it was working 100% a few days ago)

I am not sure that I have correctly set the accessibility for IP 18.192.27.240 and for ports 20022, 20080 & 23389 as described in PCN_RMS20200903_EN ??

Thanks in advance

by anonymous

Yes, after September 10th, 2020 you must have 20022, 20080 and 23389 open in your router for 18.192.27.240.

You can do that with these instructions: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX09_Firewall#Open_Ports_on_Router

As from your configuration, I see that you're doing forward from IP: 18.192.27.240 which is in VPN, when it should be sourced from WAN. And then the destination zones should be your internal zones you're trying to reach.

EB.

by anonymous
Hi,

I'm still working on this poroblem. Should I be able to ping 18.192.27.240 ?  (as detailed in PCN_RMS_20200903_EN)

Thanks
by anonymous
No, you shouldn't.
by anonymous
For completion, - this problem turned out to be the camera  - it was just coincidence that it happened when the PCN_RMS_20200903_EN change came in !!!

Thread closed down :-)