FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
2,800 views 8 comments
by
Hello,

I tried to configure the RUTX11 as router LAN/WIFI on the network 192.168.1.1/24 and installed a mobile SIM.
I expect to connect to the router and navigate on internet but it doesn't works.
How I should set the RUTX11 to do that?

Thank you

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

First of all, when you insert SIM card into your router, make sure you can connect to your operator. If everything is working you will be able to see something like this in WebUI status page:

If you SIM fails to connect to the network, make sure your APN settings are correct. Navigate Network > Interfaces > Your mobile interface and uncheck Auto APN slider, put custom APN phrase that your operator provides.

When you successfully establish mobile connection to the internet, all devices connected to the router ethernet ports should acquire IP address from your router and connect to the internet if all other configuration is left unchanged.

To connect your devices to router network via WiFi, navigate Network > Wireless and configure Wireless AP interface by pressing Add button.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards.

by
Ok, thank you! I discovered that it is also needed the DNS configuration. Can I set the DNS on the router in order to avoid the configuration on every device? If yes, in which way?

Thank you.
by anonymous
You can configure DNS settings in Network > Interfaces > LAN. Once you do this on the router, all the devices connected to router should use the same DNS server.
by
Ok, thank you. In this way I am able to navigate on internet but my vpn client is not capable to resolve my company vpn address until I don't specify the DNS also on my PC. Do you have any idea to solve this issue?
by anonymous
You can specify DNS server in network adapter settings. Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options > select your network adapter you are using > Properties > select Internet Protocol Version 4 > press Properties > select Use the following DNS server address option and insert address. Press Okay.
by
Yes, I did it but I am wondering if there is a solution to avoid this configuration on my pc.
I have also seen that it is possible to configure VPN directly on the RUTX11 but I don't know where I should put the credential and vpn info.
by anonymous
You can configure VPN settings by navigating WebUI > Services > VPN. More information is available in your wiki page. For example OpenVPN configuration examples: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples

There is also guides in Wiki how to set up NordVPN, ExpressVPN and others.
by
Thank you for your time, but I can't configure the vpn.
Is it possible to make the router connecting to my company vpn and provide access to all devices connected to the router?

All I have about company vpn parameters is:

- server name;
- domain;
-username;
-password;
Tipically I use PulseSecure on my laptop that is configured as UAC/VPN.
by anonymous
The way you just described it is not possible. You would need to acquire your VPN provider server configuration file and all the required files (certificate, client key, client certificate).