FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
643 views 4 comments
by
Hi, I can't setup a WAN via WiFi on RUT500, although the user manual brings it as a possible operation mode. Is it really possible? How can I setup that?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You would need to head over to Network > WAN page of your WebUI and make a screenshot. There you should find Wireless option to set-up as your main WAN interface.

EB.

by

Hi EB.

First, thanks for your answer.

I already did this procedure and it didn't work. See the image below. The WAN interface is as WiFi and you can see that I'm connected to a network but with 0% of Signal Quality. There is no traffic. Also I can't find the RUT500 in the network.

I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong.

Regards.

by anonymous

Hi,

First we must switch the mode to Wifi. Do so by selecting Wifi from the list and wait for the page to quickly reload.

Now you have a selection of protocols available for you. Depending on whether the Access Point that you intend to connect to runs a DHCP server or not, you will have to choose DHCP or Static (AP runs a DHCP server – DHCP; Does not run - Static). When you’ve configured your protocol settings press Save and wait until the settings are applied.

Next, go to the Network -> Wireless page and wait until it loads (For the first time an automatic Site Survey will be initiated). You should now see a list of available, local Access Points. Choose one and click Join Network.

Should you be asked enter the secret Encryption Key and click Submit.

Now you should be transported to the Wireless Station page. 

Click Save and wait until all the settings are applied.
The configuration is complete and you should now be able to access the internet.

Please note that if you're willing to WiFi as WAN, you will not be able to use Access Points coming out of RUT500 at the same time.

EB.

by
Hi EB.

Yes, I followed exactly these steps. Also I'm aware that I'm not able to use Access Point from RUT500 when configuring WiFi at WAN. Whether I use DHCP or Static, it doesn't work. Either way, I can't find the RUT500 in the my router's net. I connected a cable at LAN port and in my computer, and I can't have internet access. Please, do you have other ideas about what can possibly be happening?
by anonymous

Hi,

Please make sure your computer network adapter is set to static with IP somewhere in 192.168.1.1xx range, subnet as 255.255.255.0, and gateway and primary DNS as 192.168.1.1.

If you're still not able to connect to your router - try resetting and configuring it again from the start.

EB.