9091 answers

14654 comments

12055 members

+1 vote
373 views 3 comments
by

Dear All,

I've noticed the following issue on RUT240, firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3: 

an OpenVPN client connection I've set up using the router WebUI, working nicely and without glitches, fails to restart after the router reboot. 

I've noticed that this happens if the Remote Management System is "Disabled". But if I set the RMS to "Standby" then the OpenVPN client will reconnect properly to the OpenVPN server after a router reboot. I wanted to keep RMS disabled on my system, but in any case it is not a big deal...

Has anyone noticed this issue? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Alessandro

by

I was just about to post a new thread about this problem with a RUT955.

After either the device reboots, or the mobile signal has to reconnect, the OpenVPN never reconnects. I have to manually disable, then re-enable the OpenVPN.

It wouldn't be such a major problem, but it means there's no internet connection on the network until I log in and either disable/enable the OpenVPN, or disable the VPN completely and set the DNS servers back to the SIM provider default.

This is with the current RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7 firmware, and using NordVPN.

6 Answers

0 votes
by
Hello,

We really appreciate your feedback, it is really strange behaviour. I will try to reproduce the issue and if successful, I will let our RnD team to know and investigate.

Regards.
by
Hello!

We have the same issues on a few devices - but RMS don’t remove the issue.

when we restart the openvpn service - the connection comes up.
0 votes
by

I also have the same problem, the openvpn client does not reconnect automatically after a device reboot.

Router Teltonika RUT240 firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.2

0 votes
by
Same problem here on four RUT240’s. Any firware updates to fix this problem soon?
0 votes
by
Same on RUT950 (RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5), VPN connection does not automatically switch on after restart
0 votes
by
My RUTX11 is doing the same, OpenVPN doesn't come up when restarting.

I've noticed sometimes that the routes are in the routing tables but are missing gateways?
0 votes
by
Hi,

this issue is very critical for our use case. I see it on RUT240 firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.

Could you please provide an expectation for the fix?

Thanks.
by
Hello,

Could you contact me via private message. Please send troubleshoot log after your tunnel fails to go up.

Regards.