FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
1,098 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Dear All,

I've noticed the following issue on RUT240, firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3: 

an OpenVPN client connection I've set up using the router WebUI, working nicely and without glitches, fails to restart after the router reboot. 

I've noticed that this happens if the Remote Management System is "Disabled". But if I set the RMS to "Standby" then the OpenVPN client will reconnect properly to the OpenVPN server after a router reboot. I wanted to keep RMS disabled on my system, but in any case it is not a big deal...

Has anyone noticed this issue? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Alessandro

by anonymous

I was just about to post a new thread about this problem with a RUT955.

After either the device reboots, or the mobile signal has to reconnect, the OpenVPN never reconnects. I have to manually disable, then re-enable the OpenVPN.

It wouldn't be such a major problem, but it means there's no internet connection on the network until I log in and either disable/enable the OpenVPN, or disable the VPN completely and set the DNS servers back to the SIM provider default.

This is with the current RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7 firmware, and using NordVPN.

7 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We really appreciate your feedback, it is really strange behaviour. I will try to reproduce the issue and if successful, I will let our RnD team to know and investigate.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello!

We have the same issues on a few devices - but RMS don’t remove the issue.

when we restart the openvpn service - the connection comes up.
0 votes
by

I also have the same problem, the openvpn client does not reconnect automatically after a device reboot.

Router Teltonika RUT240 firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.2

0 votes
by anonymous
Same problem here on four RUT240’s. Any firware updates to fix this problem soon?
0 votes
by
Same on RUT950 (RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5), VPN connection does not automatically switch on after restart
0 votes
by
My RUTX11 is doing the same, OpenVPN doesn't come up when restarting.

I've noticed sometimes that the routes are in the routing tables but are missing gateways?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

this issue is very critical for our use case. I see it on RUT240 firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.

Could you please provide an expectation for the fix?

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you contact me via private message. Please send troubleshoot log after your tunnel fails to go up.

Regards.
by anonymous

OpenVPN connection will not reconnect after a reboot. firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.
If I manually switch Enable OFF and then Enable ON the Open VPN Connection a reconnect does work fine.

We do have with the same firmware and same image on 20 units in the field ONLY 2 RUT240 does have this problem.

#

0 votes
by anonymous

I am having the same issue on my RUT240 with firmware  RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5

Is there any solution? I do not want to update since there are other issues with the latest firmware. I have this issue only with one of two RUT240.

by anonymous
Hello make a backup of the RUT240 and then reload the backup.
In my situation I solved the problem.
by anonymous
Unfortunately this did not help.

I just resetted everything and tried again:
I am connected with my laptop via ethernet cable to the RUT and the RUT is connected to mobile network via SIM card. I am instantly online. After adding the OpenVPN config file I am connected to the VPN within seconds. However, after rebooting the the RUT stays disconnected from the VPN and even more interesting: The laptop cannot go online anymore. Seems like something is blocking the laptop from accessing the internet. Access to the RUT is still possible and mobile state is registered to LTE.

Do you think there is anything running in the background trying to connect to VPN and blocking me from going online "the normal way"?

Please help me, I really need to get that fixed. Again: It seems to be working on another RUT with same configuration... Any chance to get a replacement from Teltonika?