FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
297 views 3 comments
by

Hi Folks

Got a RUT240 that's been running fine for 2 weeks or so in a fixed location and in the last few days has started playing silly buggers. Randomly (seemingly) the data connection will drop (fine, to be expected) but when it reconnects it comes back without an IP address. Compare the two highlighted rows which show when it reconnects by itself vs when it reconnects after a reboot. A reboot of the device seems to work and it then connects fine with an IP address. So I don't think its an APN issue otherwise it wouldn't connect in the first place surely?

Ping Watchdog gets the router back online but that takes 15 mins or so to kick in so keen to find a solution to stop it happening in the first place.

Any ideas?

Nick

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

First of all, are you using custom or AutoAPN settings? It is always recommended to use custom, to prevent any connection/reconnection issues.

Second, are you using the latest firmware version?

Lastly, look into WAN interfaces and look if mobile is selected as your main WAN interface.

Regards.
by

I'm using Auto APN which seems to work fine connecting the first time. Surely if it connects the first time it should connect the second time?

FW Version RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3

All other WAN interfaces are disabled but we are using a PPTP VPN as the WAN connection (but that happens after the mobile connection is setup)

by anonymous
Hey,

Auto APN could be unreliable some times, try using custom. Also, you could configure your ping reboot to take less time than 15 minutes.

Regards.
by
Hi,

I changed to custom APN a few days after this and its still doing the same thing. On average it disconnects and reboots itself 2-3 times a day.

Any other ideas?

Nick
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Nick, Exact same problem here. Did you resolve the issue ?

Thanks,

Alexander