FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
346 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

Just updated to firmware RUTX_R_00.02.05.1 on my RUTX09.

Now Data connection shows as disconnected allthough I´m, connected and got public WAN IP.

Router is set to passthrough mode. Everything is working fine, so i guess it´s a GUI bug.

If I send a get status SMS it also shows as disconnected and reports no WAN IP. But i certainly have a WAN ip.

/Per

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you have internet access via router and can ping something? Also, could you add screenshots of your WebUI? Please try to reboot your device too and see if the issue persists.

Regards.
by anonymous

Yes, I have full Internet access, and I also have rebooted twice.
Passthrough mode is also working as intended.Everything else seems fine...

by anonymous
I would also like to add that my WAN-ip is correctly forwarded to my third party gateway in Passtrhrough mode. And even the realtime traffic counter for MOB1S1A1 is working.
by anonymous

Did some research and tested with both firmware versions and it is supposed to show disconnected status when using passthrough or bridge mode.

• Passthrough - in this mode the RUTX09 shares its WAN IP to a single LAN device (first connected to LAN or specified with MAC address). The LAN device will get WAN IP of RUTX09 instead of LAN IP. Using Passthrough mode will disable most of the device’s capabilities.
by anonymous
Ok, from a usability and technical perspective that seems very odd.
Then you can´t get correct status and IP of a remote router from sms etc.

Best regards

/Per
by

"Did some research and tested with both firmware versions and it is supposed to show disconnected status when using passthrough or bridge mode." - this is indeed very strange behaviour as the same would apply in bridge mode, but in that mode it show connected.