FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
424 views 2 comments
by
Hello, I have issues with bridge mode on RUTX09, it sometimes works and other times it does not. It probably has something to do with MTU/MSS, but I was not able to confirm or mitigate the issue. When it "does not work", I can still ping IP addresses and even traffic is working (e.g. visiting https://1.1.1.1 shows the page), but when I try to go to any page that requires DNS translation, it does not work (nslookup, dig etc. do not work). I tried multiple DNS servers with no success. Any idea? When router is in NAT mode, it seems that everything is working fine (need to confirm while using it more), but my upload speed is 2x less than in bridge mode. I tried setting lower MTU on bridged interface (linksys openwrt wan port) and it didn't resolve the issue either.

UPDATE: it's not so common, but the issue is present when in NAT mode too. When DNS translation does not work (or work intermittently), direct IP connection work with full speed.

Thank you for any advice.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the issue you are having the bridge mode let me clarify this. In bridge mode you are assigning let say the sim card IP address to a end device. As an example you have a PC connected on RUTX09 you will assign the SIM card IP on that PC where the PC will be getting the Sim card IP address instead of RUTX09 where the router will be transparent.

Is this the solution that you are trying to do?

Regards,
Jerome
by
Hello Jerome, actually after many hours of testing, it seems like my ISP is either rate-limiting/intercepting/hijacking dns queries. I solved this by using dns over tls. However there are couple of things/bugs that I've found. As this was related to dns issue, I'd rather create a new question.

Thank you.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the provided feedback.

Regards,
Jerome