FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
848 views 6 comments
by
Hello,

I just got a new RUTX11 and as an initial task I upgraded device firmware. But the modem firmware upgrade process failed. After I rebooted the device there is no modem available and the signal strength led's are flashing.

Does anybody know how to recover the modem firmware?

Best regards

Markus

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Your situation is a bit unclear, does your device firmware upgrade went through to the latest and you can access WebUI? If only modem firmware is missing, please send a private message to me with your modem model and I will send you modem firmware and guide how to flash it. To find your modem version, navigate WebUI > Status > System:

Regards.

by

Hello,

many thanks for your reply.

Yes, the upgrade process of the device firmware worked successfully. Only the modem firmware upgrade was problematic.

As I already wrote, the entire modem is not accessable anymore. You can see this in the screenshot.

Best regards

Markus

by anonymous
Understood, could you find your package box and documentation to see which modem you are using, or just remove the router housing case and look ant PCB?
0 votes
by
I was not able to comment directly your last answer. Maybe my answer will come in a wrong order.

I have only a Quick Start Guide and a paper about RMS. No other documents are included. Unfortunately the labels outside of the box were pasted over with another label. I could remove it partially. EAN Code is 4779027312378. I hope this can help to find out the right modem type.

To have look inside the router is not an easy task. The router is already build in my RV and it would take some effort to get this managed.
by anonymous
Please send me your product code - RUTX11xxxxxx or serial number if it is connected to RMS.
by
RUTX1100XXXX

Serial No: 1107279770
by anonymous
Create a crowd support account and send me a private message. I will send you the required files.
0 votes
by anonymous
I've just had exactly the same problem, and for others looking for this, heres where I think it went wrong.

I didnt have a Wired WAN cable plugged in, so downloaded the modem firmware via cellular. Also, our config has a 'ping reboot' enabled in case the RUTX11 loses contact with the internet for longer than x. After the modem firmware update failed, I checked the logs and noticed that there had been a 'ping reboot' of the modem, so I suspect that the modem firmware update took long enough for the 'ping reboot' to trigger, rebooting the router mid update, and bricking the modem.

So the lesson would be to ensure that you have a wired WAN connection to the RUTX11 before doing a modem firmware update, or make sure you remember to disable the 'ping reboot'.

Thanks for PMing me the manual firmware update instructions Vykintas.