FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,056 views 2 comments
by

Reading manual about how to turn on and start RUT240 I have seen the follow instruction:

1. Download "Teltonika Router APP"

2. Introduce SIM CARD to the RUT240

3. Search in smartphone the red ‘RUT240_XXXXXXXX’ and connect to it.

I have done that but after to connect I received the follow error: "is not possible to connect. Try again".

I have also make an test with 2 others 2 pc... but there is no whay to get connection...

So looking in the support web I have seen that is not a problem to have a SIM CARD with STATIC OR DYNAMIC PUBLIC IP

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/21658/rut230-using-sim-card-ppp-access-form-internet-not-work

But I have also seen taht a lot of post reccomend to set manually APN.

But I dont understand exactlly what I should to do...

Maybe do I should to do the follow STEPS:

1. Extract SIM CARD from RUT240

2. Inserd SIM CARD to a smatphone mobile

3. Set manually APN

4. Extract SIM CARD from smartphone

5. Insert SIM CARD to the RUT240

Is that what I should to do? I ask about that because I am not able to enter in the RUT240. I have used 2 pc and I have also used RJ45 cable. But I received the message "NOT IDENTIFICATD NET".

Maybe do I need update firmware? If it is so, can I receive instruction about how to do that?.

I hope someone can clear all the dubt I have...

Thanks in advanced... Thanks al lot.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the issue you are having, may i know if you are getting network connectivity when the sim card is inserted on your phone? What configurations have you set. As default the main source of WAN is set on Wired and if Wired network is not available it will automatically switch to the check the mobile network. May i also know if the sim card is getting detected  

Regards,
Jerome
by

Hi, as first thanks to try to help me :)

About your question: "may i know if you are getting network connectivity when the sim card is inserted on your phone?"

My reply is: If I introduce SIM CARD into my smartphone I can get internet. The SIM CARD runs well, it has connectivity.

About you question: "What configurations have you set?"

My reply is: If you refer to APN setting when SIM CARD is into my smartphone, setting are the follow:

LOWI_data => APN: lowi.private.oms.es / PROXY: not defined / PORT: not defined / USER NAME: not defined / PASSWORD: not defined / SERVER / not defined / MMSC: not defined / MMS PORT: not defined / MCC: 214 / MNC: 06 / AUTHENTICATIOn TYPE: not defined / APN TYPE: default / APN PROTOCOL: iPv4 / APN ITINERACE PROT: iPv4 / OMV TYPE: GID / OMV VALUE: 07

LOWI_MMS => APN: mms.lowi.omv.es / PROXY: not defined / PORT: not defined / USER NAME: wap@wap / PASSWORD: ****** / SERVER / not defined / MMSC: http://mms.lowi.omv.es/servlets/mms / MMS PROXY: 212.73.32.10 / MMS PORT: 80 / MCC: 214 / MNC: 06 / AUTHENTICATIOn TYPE: not defined / APN TYPE: default / APN PROTOCOL: iPv4 / APN ITINERACE PROT: iPv4 / OMV TYPE: GID / OMV VALUE: 07

About your comment: "As default the main source of WAN is set on Wired and if Wired network is not available it will automatically switch to the check the mobile network"

My reply is: please, let me know if I have understood well. Teltonika router  as default run try to get internet from WAN plugin (RJ45 cable). If RJ45 cable is not detected, teltonika router switch try to get internet from SIM CARD. I have understood well what you said? Is it so?

About your question: "May i also know if the sim card is getting detected"

My reply is: due to the fact that I can't connect to router (neither with phone APP, nor with others 2 pc...) the unique way to reply to your question maybe is to see in the teltonika router the 5 leds there are above the SIM CARD who indicate the INTERNET SIGNAL POWER. If you are refereng to that... yes... there are 3 green leds turn on of a total of 5.

One question, the STEPS I described in my post, about how to set SIM CARD APN, are correct? Using others words, is correct to make setting doing the follow? When SIM CARD is into a smartphone mobile device, to make the correct APN setting, save them, extract SIM CARD from smartphone mobile device and introduce SIM CARD to teltoika router. Has a sense to do that? Or if I save APN setting from my smartphone and I extract SIM CARD, APN setting previously saved in the smartphone will be lost?

Thanks for your support.

by anonymous

Hi, 

The issue is you are plugging in a device on WAN port where you should not. In order to use the 2 ports of the device you must configure WAN as LAN. 

As the first guide could you refer to this link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Logging_in

If you are able to log in to the RUT240 router i need you to check the overview tab it is on the right side of the screen you will see the mobile details if it is connected or not. 

For the WAN as LAN config you may refer to this links:
Configuration of WAN as LAN Crowd
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_LAN#Advanced_Settings

Hope it helps 

Regards,
Jerome

0 votes
by anonymous
To get internet from a RUT240 router using a SIM card, you need to follow these steps:

1# Insert the SIM card into the router: Locate the SIM card slot on the RUT240 and insert the SIM card into the slot, making sure that the contacts on the SIM card are facing down.

2# Connect the router to a power source: Connect the RUT240 to a power source using the included power adapter and cable.

3# Connect your devices: Connect your devices to the RUT240 using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.

4# Login to the web interface: Open a web browser on a connected device and type the router's IP address into the address bar to access the web interface. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1, and the default username and password are both "admin".

5# Configure the WAN connection: In the web interface, go to the "WAN" or "Internet" section and configure the WAN connection to use the SIM card. You'll need to enter the APN, username, and password provided by your mobile network operator.

6# Save the changes: Once you've entered the necessary information, save the changes and restart the router.

7# Test the internet connection: Test the internet connection by opening a website or pinging a server.

Note: The exact steps for configuring the WAN connection may vary depending on the firmware version of your RUT240 router, so you may need to consult the manual or support documentation for specific instructions.