FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,186 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have video NVR forwardet with RUT950. RUT950 ->POE switch +IP cam->NVR.

I get lost connection with video system. I physically switch off / switch on LAN connection between POE switch and RUT950 all working from couple days till couple weeks, then again get lost video connection. When i log in RUT950 do STATUS->NETWORK->TOPOLOGY->Scan LAN, I got red line with LAN: link down.

It could be RUT physical problem with LAN port sockets or some wrong config problems?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is very unlikely that your router have such "LAN port physical issue". If there would be any physical issues, LAN port would simply wouldn't work at all. Of course, you can try using different LAN port just to rule out this option.

More plausible scenario is that you have damaged Ethernet cable (and that once it is moved, connection is lost. E.g. maybe cable's connector holding tab is broken and cable slides out of router's LAN port even after very light pull/movement). You could try to switch to different cable just to be sure that issue is not related bad cable.

Please also take note, that RUT950 routers does not support PoE. Be sure to not provide any PoE voltage to router's LAN ports.

by
Hello,

I tried different LAN ports and different cables. POE switch does not provide any power just uplink LAN connection. I tried solve this issue for last 6 months.
by anonymous

In such case, suggestion for you would be to upgrade router's firmware to the latest one without keeping any previous settings. This should also eliminate any plausible firmware/configuration issues. You can download latest RUT9 firmware from here.

If new firmware would not solve your issue, wait until issue will appear again. Then connect to RUT950's WebUI, navigate to "System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot" menu, download Troubleshoot package from the router and upload it here.

Note: Troubleshoot package contains router's configuration information and current router's logs. All passwords and certificate information is hidden automatically (not included in troubleshoot package). Nonetheless, it is recommended to remove any other information (e.g. phone numbers) that you might not want to share publicly.