FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
464 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I'm using just mobile network for getting access to internet.

I have configured it to get an IPv6 address and it's successfully connected to IPv6-internet.

But after a while the router stops working for IPv6. Logs doesn't say anything special.

I log into my teltonika router and get this when trying ping6

root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# ping6 ftp.sunet.se
PING ftp.sunet.se (2001:6b0:19::165): 56 data bytes
ping6: sendto: Permission denied

Rebooting the device restores IPv6-address for a while but it stops working after a bit again.

by anonymous

I have the same issue on RUTX12. Some tshooting gives me an information that dchpv6 is leaking memory. When I enable server mode or hybrid mode, the router reboots ones in a couple of hours (2-3 hour). So, if you config stateless IPs and router reboots all active leases info gone and IPv6 stop working.... The workaround use statefull IP. And please do something with dhcpv6.

by anonymous

I got this issue resolved through PMs from Teltonika, this issue has been patched almost a year ago.

I'll quote the message from the technicans:

short upate: From time to time we look at RUTX and IPv6 issue and came to the following conclusions. Normally, the operator should send RA updates periodically. RAs are sent to RUTX at power-on, as they should to. But sometimes RA updates do not take place. (Usually not) We managed to reveal that this is not the first such case and there are partial fixes for a similar problem, only in the case of commit did not send any routes at all: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/8691d75917d91a39f2011d4ddd0713b8562e5e3a Thus, the operator sends that his Router will be active 65535 seconds and no longer updates the information. After this time, the default route simply disappears and there is no more internet. We made changes on your router to ignore this timer and set the route without lifetime. This should help, we will see how it goes a few more times. RnD will try to make corrections to the next fw so that this issue does not affect on other routers.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please update the device to the latest firmware version (RUTX_R_00.02.05.1): https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads

If the error occurs again, please download the router's troubleshoot file via WebUI (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) once the SIM card is inserted and gets an IPv6 address and one more when issue appears. Send it to me via Private Message.

Kind regards.

by anonymous
I have the same issue on RUTX12. Some tshooting gives me an information that dchpv6 is leaking memory. When I enable server mode or hybrid mode, the router reboots ones in a couple of hours (2-3 hour). So, if you config stateless IPs and router reboots all active leases info gone and IPv6 stop working.... The workaround use statefull IP. And please do something with dhcpv6.
0 votes
by anonymous
In my case the operator sends prefix delegation updates and prefix changes from each of them. So something with dhcpdv6 related to pd, I think ...