FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
10,834 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi, i want to use my RUT950 as a modem conected to my Synology RT1900 router, shuld i use Bridge or Passthroue mode ?

Is there any simpel "howe to do" to config the RUT950 ?

Thanks for all support :-)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

This is the simple explanation for the Bridge and Passthrough

Bridge - bridges the LTE data connection with LAN. The device assigns its WAN IP address to another device (first connected to LAN or specified with MAC address). Using Bridge mode will disable most of the device’s capabilities.
For more details about Bridge mode: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Mobile#Bridge_mode

Passthrough - in this mode the RUTX09 shares its WAN IP to a single LAN device (first connected to LAN or specified with MAC address). The LAN device will get WAN IP of RUTX09 instead of LAN IP. Using Passthrough mode will disable most of the device’s capabilities.
For more details about Passthrough: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Mobile#Passthrough_mode

But if you are asking the simple configuration. You can do it this way.

Change the LAN IP of your Synology router to any IP address other than 192.168.1.1 because this one will be for the RUT950. The main important part is to have different subnet (IP networks between RUT950 and your router). Then simply connect a LAN cable from LAN1 of your RUT950 to the Blue port of your  Synology router (WAN port). 

Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Jerome

by
Thanks quick for answers, one more questions,

If i use the "simpel way" the WiFi on RUT950 is active or not ?

If i bridge i disconnect the WiFi so i can remove the WiFi antenna on the RUT950 ?

Best regards // Lasse
by anonymous
Hello,

If you don't want to use the WiFi of RUT950 you can simple disable it. In bridge mode wifi is automatically disabled because it will disable most of the router functionality.

Regards,

Jerome
by

Thank you for your support Jerome, I have a few more questions if you have the opportunity to answer.

I have followed the instructions and set RUT950 to Bride mode and it works, see attached settings.

- Is it right to connect from RUT950 LAN1 to Router WAN?

- If I connect from my PC directly to RUT950 after I have set it to Brdge mode, I can still connect with 192.168.1.1, is that normal?

- It seems that I have to manually turn off WiFi on RUT950, is that right?

- When I have turned off WiFi, can I then remove the WiFi antennas?

Thanks for the great support!

by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding to the said questions:

- Is it right to connect from RUT950 LAN1 to Router WAN?
-> You can actually check on the synology router if the WAN IP address is assigned there. 

- If I connect from my PC directly to RUT950 after I have set it to Brdge mode, I can still connect with 192.168.1.1, is that normal?
-> Yes, so that you can do configuration and management. 

- It seems that I have to manually turn off WiFi on RUT950, is that right?
-> In that state its currently off.

- When I have turned off WiFi, can I then remove the WiFi antennas?
-> You can remove the wifi antenna because it has no use 

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome