FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
488 views 15 comments
by
In case of simultan wireless-station and wireless-access-point mode, the autoconnect (after reboot the Router) of the wireless-station is not working. I get the following kernel log messages:

[ 5753.860000] wlan0: authenticate with 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx
[ 5753.880000] wlan0: send auth to 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 1/3)
[ 5753.980000] wlan0: send auth to 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 2/3)
[ 5754.030000] wlan0: send auth to 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 3/3)
[ 5754.080000] wlan0: authenticated
[ 5754.090000] wlan0: associate with 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 1/3)
[ 5754.130000] device wlan0-1 entered promiscuous mode
[ 5755.780000] wlan0: associate with 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 2/3)
[ 5759.060000] wlan0: associate with 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 3/3)
[ 5759.130000] wlan0: aborting association with 7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

The autoconnect with disabled acces point is working as expected:

[  294.150000] wlan0: authenticate with  7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx
[  294.170000] wlan0: send auth to  7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 1/3)
[  294.180000] wlan0: authenticated
[  294.220000] wlan0: associate with  7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (try 1/3)
[  294.230000] wlan0: RX AssocResp from  7c:5a:1c:45:xx:xx (capab=0x431 status=0 aid=1)
[  294.240000] wlan0: associated

FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide me with information about the device you are using and the firmware version. Before proceeding please check if you are using the latest firmware version, if not please install it and try again.

Regards.
by
Hello,

my device is RUT950 with the latest firmware: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

I could not reproduce your issue, after router reboot wireless-station reconnected in minutes time. Could you try to change wireless-station source, for example try to connect to your mobile hotspot and try to reboot. There could be an issue with the source.

Regards.
by
Hello,

thank you for your reply.
I have already tried my mobile hotspot and other sources, without success.

How many times do you have rebooted your router? In rare cases my router also managed to establish the connection while providing an AP.
by anonymous
Hello,

I just tried 3 times in a row and all were successful, could you try to reset your router to the factory default configuration and set up from everything from scratch? Of course if you can afford to loose your configuration.

Regards.
by
Hello,

the reset seems to help, but only for the first 5 reboots. After that the connection was only sporadically established.
I'm using the wireless STA as main WAN setting, without fallback source.

Have you also tested with active access point?

Regards Matthias
by anonymous
Hey,

Yes, I tested when I had both STA and AP modes configured. Can I ask you why you need to constantly reboot your router? It would be simple if you establish a connection once and do not reboot it anymore.
by
Hello,

the router is using for remote access to an agv. The agv can be switched on and off at will. Furthermore, it can come to bad Wi-Fi coverage in certain areas, also here the reconnection should work reliably.

Regards Matthias
by anonymous
Another suggestion that you could do is reinstall firmware via bootloader menu. Please refer to this guide:https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu
by
Thanks for the tip. Can you briefly explain to me, what's different when updating via the bootloader than via the GUI?
by anonymous
It is a completely clean install and wipes everything that is stored in the router. So this way we will know if some service was stuck or it is another issue.
by
Thanks for the explanation. I can try your suggestion on Saturday at the earliest, I will contact you again on Monday.
by
Hello,

I just reinstalled the firmware via bootloader, set up the wifi connection and started the AP. Directly after the first reboot, the router did not connect to my wifi network. The kernel logs are the same as in my first post.

What i noticed is that when the mentioned error occurs and i deactivate the AP, what wireless module restarts (according to the status information in the upper right corner) but this restart does not cause the wifi client of the router to reconnect. Even if I restart the whole router this will not happen. Only when I deactivate and reactivate the wireless station in the WLAN menu, the router connects to the external wifi.
by anonymous
Hello,

I will try to test a few times more, if I will reproduce it successfully, I will forward this to our RnD team. Also, there may be a hardware issue in your router that causes this trouble.

Regards.
by
Hello, is there any news from your side? I have now tested a second router (RUT950), which unfortunately behaves the same.
by
Hello folks

Have any of you had any progress? I am experiencing the same. I am also using WIFI as my main (and only) WAN connection. After a reboot the wifi does not cennect automaticly.

BR, Henrik Nyholt