FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
269 views 5 comments
by

hi i have the RUTX09 firmware  RUTX_R_00.02.04.3 And I'm trying to do a live YouTube broadcast with the router.

In the YouTube interface I get the following message: This video is restricted to viewing. You can try logging in with a G Suite account.

After a long search on the internet I did not find anything that explains why this is happening and I thought there might be some restriction in firewall Settings Maybe some parental restriction or something of the sort?

by
Update on the topic. Yesterday I did a firmware update to RUTX_R_00.02.05.1.

I also took the SIM out of the router and put it in my mobile. I turned on the internet from the mobile and there was no problem in the live broadcast with YouTube.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I am sure that router does not have anything to do with this issue. You should seek Youtube support, because there is no settings in RUTX9 to block any content  or videos by default. The only thing you could check is QoS rules and firewall settings in the device WebUI to check if any ports that youtube is using are blocked.

Regards.
by

Update on the topic. Yesterday I did a firmware update to RUTX_R_00.02.05.1.
I also took the SIM out of the router and put it in my mobile. I turned on the internet from the mobile and there was no problem in the live broadcast with YouTube.
I am not an expert in the field and not IT person. So I would love to get a little more precise instructions, what should I check according to the instructions you gave
by anonymous
If it works now, there is nothing to check right now. It is a really strange issue that previously you could not live broadcast via Youtube and after the upgrade, you can. I suspect there were operator issues and they had disabled some services for you. After the firmware upgrade system rebooted and you connected to your mobile operator and this way refreshed available services.
by

It does not work through the router.

What I did was take the sim that was in the router and I put it in my cell phone to see if it a problem with my cellular carrier. The live broadcast worked from the cell phone with the same SIM card that was in the router so the problem is not with my cellular carrier but with the router. In addition to that I did a test after a minute of broadcasting to YouTube via my home internet and also where everything worked properly. 

There is some setting that does not allow me to broadcast live on YouTube. What do you think it could be? I would love guidelines.

the upload from the router is excellent. I manage to broadcast zoom, to Facebook Live everything works great. Only youtube does not work!

by anonymous

The easiest way to check if it is a router fault is to disable firewall. To do that log in to device firewall, navigate Services > CLI:

Username - root

Password - your password you use when accessing WebUI

Enter the command: /etc/init.d/firewall stop

Once you disable the firewall, check if you can broadcast live on YouTube. 

Regards.