FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
755 views 3 comments
by
Can I use RUT240 or RUTX10 as a wireless accesspoint to a network wired with an ethernet cable to the RUT/X device? No cellular network is required.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

From your description, it is very unclear what you are asking. As I understand you are asking if RUT240 and RUTX10 can be access points when their internet source is another RUT/X router? If that's the case, yes you can use it like this.

Regards.
by
Hello,

Thank you for the quick response and sorry for the unacurate description, I'm not an expert on the matter.

In an industrial environment we have created a network of elements all placed in the same subdomain, connected throw a wired ethernet connection. As a temporal setup measure I want to be able to access the elements of the network throw a wireless connection, can I use RUT240/RUTX10 (or any other) connecting it via ethernet to the network created and that this element give me wireless access to it?

Hope is more clear.

Regards.
by anonymous
To answer your question in short, yes you can. Connect your network devices to RUT240/RUTX10 and configure a wireless access point in their WebUI. This way you will reach your routers via Wifi, and rut devices will access another part of the network connected to them.
by
Thanks for the answer!