FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
341 views 0 comments
by

Hi,

I've deployed 2 x RUT955s.  We've a Private IP Address SIM, local signal quality is good.

1 Device connected to LAN port.  This (Windows PC based) device does not usually "dial-out" to the internet, but does listen to external TCP connections.
The relevant port is forwarded on the RUT955.  I also port forwarded the RDP ports so we've some access to the PC.
Remote UI Access is also enabled to the RUT955, but not the remove management service (It wasn't clear if this carries a charge)

Firmware will be fairly recent, updated in the last 4 months.

I've had engineers on site, they could hook their laptop to LAN2 and operate the system.  

We've had a lot of problems with the connection dropping.  I did notice that "Mobile on Demand" was ON, this is now switched OFF.

The engineers moved to another site, I could still remote into the system via the VPN provided by the SIM Card.

They checked the 2nd site, I could also remote into the 2nd system, no obvious problems.

But, it's been reported that the connection is down.  I've just checked remotely and both systems cannot be reached.

A windows PING gives;

Pinging 10.130.x.x8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.28.x.x: Destination net unreachable.

I do have a backup of one of the systems (.gz), but the first file appears corrupt.  This is proving very difficult to fault find due to the system being 6hrs+ drive away.   I've not had a problem like this before, we previously used the RUT955 with no issues, but obviously different firmware.

I've found the SIM Config in the backup, does anything here look suspisious?
We've a single SIM Card (in SIM 1 slot), SIM 2 should be disabled.

config sim1 'sim1'
 option reconnect '5'

option ltebandval '1a0000800d5'

option bandval 'ffff'

option service 'auto'

option pdptype '1'

option auto_apn '1'

list mtu '1500'

list mtu '1500'

option proto '3g'

option ifname '3g-ppp'

option device '/dev/modem_data'

option dialnumber '*99#'

config sim2 'sim2'

option reconnect '5'

option ltebandval '1a0000800d5'

option bandval 'ffff'

option ifname 'wwan0'

option proto 'qmi2'

option service 'auto'

option pdptype '1'

option method 'nat'

option auto_apn '1'

config interface 'ppp'

option demand '10'

config option 'option'

config rules 'rules'

config bands 'bands'

option auto_sim1 'enable'

option auto_sim2 'enable'

config simcard 'simcard'

option default 'sim1'

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the issue you are having could you try updating the firmware to the latest one https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads. I recommend wiping the recent configuration on the said router.

If issue is still persisting after the firmware upgrade kindly take the troubleshoot file of both routers and send me a copy :) But keep in mind before taking the troubleshoot file the router must be working around 5-10 mins so that we can get the full information of the device.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome